Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review: Eve Pearl Salmon Corrector Concealer & Treatment Duo (in Medium/Tan)

Here’s what the description is on Eve Pearl's website:

“Revolutionizing the use of the “Salmon” color as an under eye concealer it neutralizes the dark blue undertones from the skin eliminating those green/grey raccoon eyes caused by yellow-based concealers that tend to highlight and only accentuate the problem area. This luxurious silky cream provides full coverage with a non-greasy texture that glides on smooth to the most delicate area of your face. The *CosmeNutrients provide the advantages of powerful anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins and peptides. Customize your look! Our signature salmon concealer is available in a dual mirrored compact. Two shades you can use individually, or blend to create your custom shade and achieve your best face!”

First Impressions:

Texture: This is perhaps the biggest component to any under eye concealer. It needs to be creamy enough to not become cakey or make the under eye area dry, but it has to last and not smear all over the place or crease into any fine lines. I found this concealer to be extremely creamy but very light weight. I thought creaminess always equaled heavy and thick, but in this case it was the opposite. It was totally non-drying and almost had a whipped-like texture, but more on the creamy side.

Application: Based on the texture I knew using my finger for application would be the easiest and best method. I tried it with a concealer brush but I felt like the brush picked up too much product and with this concealer a little goes a long way. I gently swiped my finger across the top, dabbed it along the under eye area and then blended it down and out. The combination of the warmth of my finger and the texture of the concealer made the product melt into my skin, but not settle into any lines.

Longevity: I’ve tried some great concealers, only to be disappointed once I looked in the mirror to see my dark circles already starting to peek through. Or to see the concealer crease, making fine lines look like deep wrinkles! This concealer was so different. After about 3hrs, the concealer still looked fresh and natural. After about 5 hrs I saw a little creasing but I just tapped my finger under my eyes and didn’t see any creasing until the end of the day.

I used 2 different combinations, setting each with powder:

Each color on it's own: I didn’t know which shade would be my perfect shade, but from my experiences with other correctors, you have to try them to really find the right color. The Medium shade was in the 1-3 shades lighter range that I usually get when picking an under eye concealer. This shade melted into my skin right away, but didn't offer as much neutralization as I wanted. The Tan shade seemed too orange at first but after blending it in, my dark circles were neutralized. The orange tinge disappeared after setting it with powder.

An equal mix of both shades: This is the way that I find myself using the most. I swipe my finger in the Tan shade first and then in Medium shade. This seems to be my perfect color and it offers the most coverage and neutralization.

(Life Update: I've been so busy with round #2 of Midterms and with going to a couple of spring weddings- my cousin's in Vegas and my bf's cousin's here in SD. They were both very different styles but equally lovely! And Padres season started so it's been all about going to games! Needless to say- this concealer was much needed this month! )

Hopes this helps anyone looking into picking this up!

With Love,
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Heya! Would have loved to see a before and after image:)

    ReplyDelete